The Karina Journal #1 - turning a hobby into a business?

 


Alright, let's all admit it. Silly or not, we all have a hobby in our own unique ways and twists. And thinking now as a child in a pandemic and the growing world where even the teensiest of things on social media can make you a couple rupiahs, we all want to know how to make money and turn it into a business. And that is exactly what I learned today at my course. How you can turn your passion into a work you will enjoy.

This class started off with the teachers one by one asking all seven of us what our hobbies are. Some were pretty stupid, like the new student who said his hobby was breathing. Most of the class said gaming, and it followed drawing and anything sports-based like badminton and soccer ball by my two other male friends.

What I answered was watching TV. Some of you are probably thinking why I didn't answer 'writing a story or even 'reading a novel'. That is because I just don't feel like it's as big of something I like as watching TV. I watch TV every day, and now it's been nearly 2 months since I haven't uploaded anything on the other blog.

But in case you're wondering what I watch all day...


But while discussing this hobby-turned-business at course, my teacher told us to guess which was more expensive; a gecko, a fish, or a giant turtle. And coming from its name, nobody voted for the gecko. 4 votes on the gigantic turtle and 2 on the fish. The other student jokingly voted for the gecko but then stayed neutral.

As you can imagine, the gecko was the most expensive one. I was ROOTING for you, turtle and you disappointed me!

But anyways, it's all gone in the minds now. So, have a good day everyone!


Comments

Popular Posts